PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2008 salary scales
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2007, 07:58
Arfur Dent

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry 2008 Salary scales

Thanks Chris. I think that's an interesting look at our salary development. I think NC could confirm that our salaries in REAL terms have been eroded substantially over the last 10 years. You only have to look at all the lists of salaries to see the picture. There are 3 published lists on each base. I think they are 1999/2000 and 2001 and each salary (for a given level) reduces. Just as an example, the salary for a year 17 Capt in London reduces by 14,000 GBP over those 3 years. This is 'A' scale as far as I can tell. As for the 2008 version which is supposed to be available - I can't find it either. Smoke and mirrors.
We are despised by Managementand regarded as an expensive necessity (millionaire morons). There are about 8 different pay scales and you would need to conduct an interview with another employee to find out what deal he/she is actually on (divide and rule).
Hollow Xmas messages thanking us all for our help in the 'stellar performance' in 2008 brings a wry smile to our faces. We just know that TT and the rest of them have no regard for Aircrew at all. The cheaper the better. Bunch of whinging idiots of little/no intellect and even less industrial muscle. If they get out of hand - fire 50 of them destroying lives of hundreds of people just to prove how BIG you are in the 'playground'. A couple of resultant suicides didn't bother them either.
That's the reality.
Merry Xmas to you too Tony.

Last edited by Arfur Dent; 26th Dec 2007 at 08:00. Reason: just spelling