PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook Crash 2 June 1994
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2000, 23:55
Brian Dixon

Chinook Crash 2 June 1994

Those of you following this disgrace may be interested to hear that Lord Chalfont, former Labour Foreign Office minister is now publicly stating that the MoD is resorting to 'misinformation' in their replies to questions. The Mod continue to insist that the Chinook Mk2, at the time of the crash was introduced into service with a full set of flight reference cards.

However, onder oath at the BOI, witnesses testified "The aircraft manual and in-flight reference cards we used were not complete." and "It was not a fully complete, issued document as you would expect."

Yet the Government STILL insists that a full set of flight reference cards were issued.

There is to be a metting of the Mull of Kintyre Group next week and I will update all of the relevant points of that meeting. In the meantime, keep pressuring your MPs to register their support at the office of Lord Chalfont and to support this campaign.

Minister Hoon has yet to reply to my questions, so I may resort to printing them here in the hope that someone else may be able to supply the answers.

Update soon....

Brian