PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2007, 16:29
badboy raggamuffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have tried reading that article before, and failed, just don't have the attention span unfortunately, although whilst heavy going it's definitely good reading for anyone looking at flying a turboprop.
Basically as far as I understand turboprops are all dodgy in severe icing and if u get in such conditions then u need to get the hell out of there asap! From my experience in the ATR sim an ice induced stall is very difficult to recover from, you find yourself upside down and plumetting to earth in the blink of an eye.

Anyone looking for a prop job I'd advise them to give Skyblue Aviation in exeter a call. Ok u will have to fork out for the ATR type rating however they seem to have really good links with airlines and from what I could make out they have placed the vast majority of their students in half decent jobs. Could be a safer bet than doing a 737 tr if current/future economic circumstances are considered. Also, don't under-estimate the complexity and value of experience gained on the ATR with respect to moving on to better paying aircraft.

Regarding Loganair, if the chief pilot has actually stated that he prefers hand written CVs and covering leters then I would suspect he is perhaps somewhat removed from the real world. If he uses the fact that a CV is hand written or not as a criteria for sifting through applications then I would suspect similarly odd criteria to also be used. Who knows, perhaps he has a dislike of people whose name begins with the letter A? Sadly such randomness and illogicality appears to be a major hurdle in the way of most wannabes quest of gaining their first job.