PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 24th Dec 2007, 14:28
uncle ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agincourt,

When two laws are in direct conflict, in this case Age Discrimination and the ANO, it should not be left to any individual to risk impoverishment in challenging a Government which should, itself, resolve the conflict.

Judicial Review, the proper way to resolve such conflicts in Law, would cost upwards of £200,000 and the loser might have to bear all of that. The route I'm taking is the risk managed route where costs may not be awarded against either party and one's own costs are, to some extent, under control. I think it is utterly shameful of the CAA to await my [or anyone else's] challenge when they have understood all along the matter would go to Court if they did not change the ANO.

Enough of my colleagues in the indusrty agree with me and are happy to lend moral and financial support to make the action I'm taking possible. Of course you are entitled to state your views here, that's what the forum is for, but I do hope you'll let us know when you change your mind; my bet is that'll be when you're in your late fifties and realise that you're not half dead after all.

Happy Christmas,

Uncle Ian