PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bush flight reef flite
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2007, 14:04
Iceberg92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not So Sweet

I can promise you, not so sweet, that there are no hard feelings on his part. The funerals he attended were back in the 80s, one was for a fellow crew member, the other was for a student that he had refused to check to line on a Beaver who ultimately died as a passenger at the hands of another Beaver Instructor and Owner. Sadly they all (3) died, as I understand.

You obviously know the CP, ask him for the details because I have probably got it a bit wrong as a result of time. On the drug issue I know there are another couple of stories that strongly influence his decisions. Details are a bit fuzzy but one of the local float drivers up there back in the early 90s went from Airlines (after the pilot strike) to Arrow to Paspaley to and the rest doesn't need to be related here but the guy is dead. The CP feels a heap of responsibility for not being on top of things there and I can understand the position taken by the company as a result of past experiences. I guess he does not want to be in a situation where he could have been aware and didn't monitor and take control of situations where he might have saved a situation or careers.

Do yourself a favour Friend, and suck on a bit of sugar.