PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A late-ish stabilisation
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2007, 10:08
Jaxon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,
The other day I saw a british registered A-320 with a crybaby on the right seat, he was so busy looking inside that he diddn´t realize it was a sunny day outside, poor thing.
Too funny!

Perhaps the other thread has you a little bit aggitated at those british copilots, huh?

Like these guys have been saying, I have to add that I and many, many of my colleagues have been mystified for a number of years now that the most difficult thing for the newly minted copilot is a visual approach! This is a simulator observation as well as on line. The by the numbers training worked wonderfully and they've got the whole routine down well (as in robotic and rote) for the instrument approach procedure but it is one hell of a good laugh to watch one of these organized SOP spouting, training program experts have no clue how to just look at a runway from a downwind leg and actually fly it to the runway! It says great things about the training but oh so clearly points out where some basic emphasis is needed and where the experience becomes priceless.