PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - gf bonds
Thread: gf bonds
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2007, 06:10
ironbutt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit off the bond issue, but I think GF's biggest mistake was not including the phrase "housing to xxxBD limit" in the contract, and being more forthcoming with the fact that one would indeed be paying out of pocket to supplement the GF "contribution"..my former employer here was very specific on this and it avoided the headaches seen here...that being said, personally I feel that most would have left anyway for various other reasons, and I did see some folks actually attempt to schedule a bond repayment plan with no success..not even a response from the HR dept..the new bonds specify that the balance is due and payable upon separation from GF, the previous ones did not, leaving one to assume a monthly, installment-type repayment plan could be arranged, possibly at the same rate at which the bond was written down during active service. Hope it all works out for the best

I do have to add that my experiences in dealing with the folks in the puzzle-palace though, when approached with the "southern hospitality" style of greetings, hows life, your family etc..etc, I find most to be friendly and accomodating..albeit a bit inefficient, but nonetheless mission accomplished in "due time"..the "New-York" blast into the office in a hurry, no time for formalties doesnt work there for sure...just my two cents worth on that subject

Last edited by ironbutt57; 24th Dec 2007 at 06:46.