PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2007, 02:02
ftrplt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ozbiggles, I’m clearly not criticising “defence people” who represent us overseas. I’m clearly referring to the ones who sit in an office in Canberra. From my first post:

Quote:
I believe it is because of an almost complete lack of leadership in the hierarchy of ATC in the Air Force in Canberra. In my experience, our military controllers are as good as any in the world. It is just that they are totally let down by people who move up into management positions

Quote:
Imagine if we ever had a war – with the present people in senior positions in the Air Force seemingly unable to make any decision which requires lateral thinking and real leadership.

Ozbiggles, you say:

Quote:
they are watching what you say with great interest.

I suggest they stick to their promises otherwise they will hear a lot more from me next year.
Again Mr Smith, you are making a complete ASS of yourself.

Some of the present senior people in the Air Force are more than capable at managing and conducting war and warlike operations; many of them have from Gulf War II and continue to do so in the Middle East. To take your dismay over what is really a piss-ant little issue and to then link it to the capability and professionalism of senior Officers is really quite pathetic.

Your arrogance is astounding to insinuate that when a decision that you wish to be made is not delivered; then they are automatically incompetent.

Have you ever considered that maybe they have made a decision to not change anything? Maybe there are considerations that stop the decision you desire? Maybe the IFR clearance engine out is a show stopper - the fact that some airline pilots think it is OK doesnt mean ****.

It has already been clearly shown that you don't have all the facts; for example you have asked for 500ft separation and have been told that this is not the standard. What else don't you know about the issue???

You can say all you like next year; your understanding of your influence and what is reality are two very different things.