PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lost Luggage
Thread: Lost Luggage
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 23:41
craig51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost Luggage

Hi all, really need some honest advice please.

Arrived at Gatwick on Saturday morning by Continental, and had a connecting flight to Edinburgh with British Airways. We came from Houston, and the lady stuck a wee sticker on the back of my passport in relation to my baggage i.e. Flight numbers, final destination etc.

Well, we got to Gatwick, went to the BA desk and was told the flight was cancelled. The lady told us to go to the baggage reclaim belt (8) and get our bags there. We stood for 15 mins but nothing, so I checked the screens, and they said that all bags from our flight would be on belt 5, so my girlfriend waited at belt 8, and I belt 5. After 30mins, there was no sign, so went over to the BA luggage area, and was told that it will be delayed.

I completed a form, was given a 10 digit ref number, and was told to expect it either on Sunday on Monday, as it will come up by road.

I don’t believe him, because it’s very busy, and also there are a lot of cancelled flights.

What do you guys think will be the most likely situation, and also any insider knowledge would be good, i.e. what actually happens.

Thanks.