PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 20:05
Sara Fanta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys!

I went to a VBRD Nov 28 07, and so have have progressed to being put on a waiting list for a training placement. The lovely recruitment girl, told me could be 6 months. Is that normally the case?

She also said that because things were winding up for the year, she would continue checking my references, but when there was a placement would be in touch.

Now here is where it all got complicated...

She called one referee, no problems...as expected...

Then called reference no 2, and well, this is some one i have worked with for many many years a very dear colleague to me. Usually amazingly professional...I dont know WHAT she was thinking, she emailed me a copy of the email ref form after she had completed all but one or two q's....in the answer boxes...she wrote "you can answer this one babe???????"

I didnt recieve this email, so blissfully unaware I continued with excitement talking about how great my nw job will be.....

Then I got a call....from my colleague..."oh dear Sar, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY.....I sent u an email for some assistance....but I ACCIDENTALLY emailed VB recruit the one i fowrded to you..." at first I was like why does that matter...then she explained what she had written, and that VB recruitment had called her and said her ref was no longer acceptable.

I was devastated, but I knew my friend didnt mean to, she thought she was "helping" I just wish she had have just completed it properly. I have had my chance to sell myself as an asset to VB, and so far so good...all she hadto do was be open and honest.

Any way, we are fine, I assured her not to worry herself and that all will be ok. She is feeling horrible.

NOW, is this salvageable, or will my unprofession ref, affect my app from progressing.

I got her call email last Friday 6pm, and althought recruitment had left for the day.(possibly for 2 weeks???) I left a msg on my recruitment officer voicemail explaining that recieved word my ref had not fulfilled her obligation, and that I was both embarassed and upset that my judgement had been wrong about her. I assured he that I would have another apropriate ref for her asap and apologised.

I then got home 10 pm and sent her an email with contact details of a new reference...

Now I must wait to see if recruitment are in office today or not until after xmas......GOD......I hope they dont discard my app........

Sorry the for lengthy post...needed to vent!