PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 17:56
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rosh,
Come now, it's not even in the same building as the C+ sim. You must have been on the same ghastly slot times as I was to be so disoriented! Did you manage to get a look at the 92 and Blackhawk sims (inside that is ) while you were there?

Taff,
Them there new fangled 212s didn't arrive in Nigeria for many years after 1973. We were still flying them, with the fixed floats, just like in John Eacott's photograph in 1978/79. The big advantage was that if the weather got very bad in rainy season you could land on one of the canals, put the spike in on the bank and shut down if need be until the rain cleared. They made the Wessex look very modern there too. I seem to remember we had a problem which resulted in them being flown in manual throttle the whole time.

SAS,
Jack never wore a tweed jacket! He wore a multi-purpose No. 4 tweed garment - for work, for winter (buttons done up!), for summer (unbuttoned) and quite frequently for sleeping after a few too many pints of ale .

mtoroshanga,
One of the pockets was for his polos and the other for the petty cash and his fags (because of course, the petty cash accounts were always kept on the backing paper from the foil inside his fag packets and the cash inside a used fag packet so it didn't 'go astray lad'). I remember doing his line check in a 58T one time and when I switched off the Decca he never did manage to get it sorted out again (Oh heck, I can't see them Decometers without me specs and I seem to have left them behind today!), but we still got back to Aberdeen, on ETA with no problem