PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - gold coast jobs
Thread: gold coast jobs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 11:26
spider331

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goldy

Hey Goldy.

Sorry you had to find out abou the industry this way but you did ask a question on pprune! It sounds like you were either taking the piss or fairly young and asking an honest question. Heres my advice given you are the latter.

To add to whats been said, I think you may be in for a rude shock if you are expecting to find your first job in the big smoke.

To gain the experience you need to get a GC job you either need to;
1.) Head towards the bush and get some hours under your belt (heaven knows you might even enjoy it - ask some people who have done it), or
2.) Know someone who will give you a job on the coast with your limited experience, and/or
3.) Accept that you want to live on the coast and that you will have to get a non-flying job while you wait for the industry to move along to the point that a GC flying opportunity is available to someone with your very limited experience. (i.e. a couple of years at least - oh and you will watch a lot of people steamroll you too!)

The industry certainly tests exactly how much people want to fly - many give the game away because it wasnt what they thought it was. I guess this is your first challenge.

Good Luck with it all anyhow. Heres hoping you get a lucky break.