PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 10:35
rubyrocks118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well written Topbunk,

I too am in the union and voted to strike.... only because i do believe that fellow crew members who have been there way longer before me deserve a descent wage, it goes without saying i have been in the Co for under a year i knew what i was going to get when i joined, but i am supporting those who have been here longer because they do deserve something........... However unfortunatley i will have to go into work when the strike is on, call me two faced, but if i decided to not go in and strike, the 4 days of work that i should of done will reflect significanlty in my wages and currently bringing home just under £850 per month based on 6 flights and trip pay, will be crippling to my outgoing if i end up with roughly £200 less in my pay packet, which i just will never get back.

In simple terms i just cannot afford to go on strike because it will just affect my monthly outgoings of over £1800 a month (hubbies help with mortgage) and i just won't never be able to recover the money i lost. I feel so two faced but having spoken to many other crew in my situation they agree that we are stuck in a rut, we strike because we are not being paid enough, but if we don't work we will get penalised heavily and so have no option but to work.

i await the firing of guns now!!!!!!