PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread II
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 03:42
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justanotherpax,

Thanks for your support, much appreciated. Likewise those that voted no and appreciate that the only way forward is as a united front I thank you for the private and public messages. Together as a collective unit we shall make a difference. A time of change is upon us - one of which other departments and management will not like and will (as Ifly demonstrates) try to paint us in a poor light, incidentally I personally feel it shows desperation in the extreme i.e. they know we know we have the upper hand.

Those asking what we are seeking see the union for details, many have been passing on their concerns and minimums they would accept, the company know what it is already but has been trying to pull a fast one targeting specific ranks and groups as they did at the last negotiations with promises of back pay in Christmas bonuses etc, this time however it has not worked. Makingasplash, there are pages and pages as to what we are striking for with tens to hundreds of areas of concern, may I suggest you take the time (and it would take some time) to read them all, rather than crew rewriting their issues, since the talks began the same things have been typed over and over and over again.

The ball is firmly in the companies court, they can avert customer disruption by returning to the negotiation table and offering a realistic offer which does not involve crew sacrifice.