PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would keep you in?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2007, 00:15
Magnersdrinker

I just been reading through this post and its interesting to here from the Aircrew and there thoughts ,they do seem to echo what us groundcrew feel in general, so for once i do sympathise for the flyers and its nice to know they are going through what we only thought as groundcrew issues. There is many a thread to say what has gone wrong and why it has,i have my own thoughts like everyone here. For pilots to go sends out a bigger message to the upper echolons than groundies leaving,we are expendable and to loose a few thousand experienced groundies is not big deal to them as they looking at paper and money , the hard line is we are struggling to get the aircraft in the air and having to work harder and more hours away and at home,this is having a knock on affect to everyone. Pilots/aircrew need hours to fly , we under pressure to provide a/c serv,sections are asked to provide more out of hours but that dont happen. These are things that the so called Murphys/chain of events that we are supposed to highlight. I just cant see any way we are going to get out of this tbh. Its easy to say yes we have to work more, I like many and the lads on our squadron have no problem with giving extra and going out the way , but everytime we do that ,we get no thanks or nothing in return and slowly this has eroded away that attitude of can do !! as far as most think now ,why should i give extra. We have nothing to give the lads anymore