PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and BALPA already agreed on EU 757 Pilots
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 21:32
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one is running and running. In the last few weeks have heard;

1: Its all off. BA nixed the whole thing due uncertain economic outlook.

2: No its not. Still recruiting.

3: Some have been offered contract, handed in notice. Then see 1 above. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

4: Someones mate in BA whats on the 75/76 says its all off. (wishful thinking?)

5: Still interviewing.

6: This will be another GSS so you DEP types can all f*** off type scenario.

7: More interviews and sim planned for new year.

I should imagine that if there is any danger that this will end up with the externally recruited pilots being royally screwed by the BA CC, then the type of people they want to get it all up and running will be running backwards at a velocity exceeding mach 1. No doubt the BA cc will attempt to plant this seed of doubt so that it all ends in tears and mainline pilots will be used. That said, are the BA guys really going to strike over this? That may be exactly what the managers want in order to force new contracts on everyone. I know our lot would do exactly that if they had the chance.

As one who quite fancied the look of this I shall follow the progress with interest. Any further info from the hallowed halls of BA would be gratefully received. And no gents, I have no wish to deprive anyone of their rightful command, having been put back until about 10 years after I retire myself due general stagnation. I know exactly how it feels. However you cannot blame people for trying to get on.

Just out of interest, whats the time to command at BA mainline these days? would it be worth applying if over 45?

Happy xmas to all

NB