PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheering Gatwick baggage loader the local Bin Laden organiser?
Old 1st Oct 2001, 00:18
bagpuss lives

Manchesters Most Wanted PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanna add more to what CrashDive has said and warned.

It would be most unwise to say the least to post this chaps name on here. I can't stress that enough - please trust me.

Dare I say it but we should all remember that cheering the events on 11th is not in any way illegal and therefore this bloke, as far as we know it, has done absolutely nothing legally wrong. And it may be slanderous or whatever it is to suggest otherwise.

Morally is a different matter obviously.

I'm sure by now SB and the relevant authorities are aware of this persons identity and if he is as actively involved as some on here suggest then he will, without a shadow of a doubt, be hauled in for a wee chat in the coming days if not hours.

If he only has a police guard outside his house as you say then that would suggest strongly to me that the "security services" (and I use the inverted commas intentionally) don't see him as any kind threat or worry or being involved in any way - other than obviously being a nutcase of the highest order of course.

It would be extremely foolish of us and indeed PPRuNe Admin to be seen to be commenting any further on this "case" and inciting any trouble that may occur to any named (or even hinted-at) individual, especially in the current security state and situation.

Believe me..................

The eyes and ears of the media aren't the only ones out there, taking an interest in all things PPRuNe (and elsewhere) right now.

Random Electron - you asked about the vetting for the issue of ID to ground personnel - I would suggest to all others on here to strictly stick to that question and don't be tempted into the darker areas that this topic raises.

Sensible - I would not even be seen to ask for that information privately if I were you. Those that watch may wish to know why it is you want to know - and if this nutcase comes to grief (as he probably will do in some way) then your name will be mentioned in connection. Not worth it is it?

If this man is connected in any way to anything remotely terroristic he will be dealt with in the proper, forceful and above all legal way. If not then leave those that wanna be "loonies" to be just that and let's not land the lovely PPRuNe people any further.

Now - does anyone know to what level ground staff are security vetted before they are issued with a pass?