PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 08:27
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XIVIL, fatbus says..
''If there is not enough 3 year F/O's then they go to the guys how meet the accellerated numbers (18 months), then internal DEC's and then new hire DEC . Looks like about 30 Dec's on the 777 in 2008 and AirBus upgrades might be down to 3 years early 2009.''

This upgrade policy, is not necessarily followed. The company does as it pleases when it comes to upgrade. The above quote proves my point because if there are lots of 3 year F/O's, which is the case, then why are there 30 DEC's planned for 2008? In addition, the sequence does not necessarily follow that order.

Occasionally accelerated guys have gone ahead of waiting 3 year F/O's which is clearly another unfair diversion from the so-called policy of upgrade here. I don't know why 'internal or new hire DEC's' are even included because obviously they are already here as a Capt. I seriously doubt Airbus upgrades will be down to 3 years in early 2009, although I hope that transpires. The guys I talk to are being told end of 2009.

If you join now and wish to be accelerated, add to your join date the number of F/O's already here 18 months and theoretically you should upgrade after that last F/O. There are a ton of F/O's who will be at or over 3 years within the next 18 months. There are lots of F/O's on the airbus who are well over 3 years already. I used the seniority list for those here before June 06 and came up with over 350 F/O's who will reach 3 years prior to you reaching 18 months if your join date were Jan 08. In other words, you would reach 18 months in July 09 and they would all reach 3 years by July 09. Give or take 50 out of those 350 F/O's for various reasons.

During the interview they WILL tell you if you qualify for accelerated, but they WILL NOT say if that is the plan for you. They simply don't know themselves.

If I were you and interested in EK, I would EXPECT 3-4 years and if it happened earlier, then good for you. 3-4 years here zip by in a heartbeat by the way.
Hope that helps.
ps. how does one separate paragraphs? Mine all scrunch together after I post.

Last edited by mensaboy; 24th Dec 2007 at 05:17.