PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 01:24
Airline Pirate

Location: Land of troubled individuals in a nightmarishly impersonal and bureaucratic world.... Hey, Kafka was spot on!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries!
If that came off as ironic or jaded, its not the case. I am happy and feel very fortunate I am able to make a living as a pilot whether in the Caribbean or Antarctica.

I was trying to just lay it out there for you those that don't understand my rationale for taking a shot at Europe.

By no means do I think there is a job waiting for me, but I feel its worth the extra work to convert my ATPL to JAA so I have alot more oppurtunities to explore.

I guess the grass is always greener, though one of the reasons I became a pilot was to see the world (one redeye sector at a time )
I should be squared away to begin my conversion studies in the next week or two, and would welcome any advice or expat perspective on on how they view or value things differently in the airline industry in Europe. I always tell the people I work and fly with to let me know if there is something I could/should be doing better or differently.... I don't take those things personally. I would rather know this than have bad CRM or not work up to my full potential.I think there's always something new you can learn, even stuff I may think I have a good handle on.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and all the best in the New Year , folks.

BTW, how are the new paintjobs?

Last edited by Airline Pirate; 22nd Dec 2007 at 23:46.