PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ear tubes and YOU.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2007, 01:09
Abnormal Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ear tubes and YOU.

Cliff notes: I have had ear problems on and off for the last 23 years of my flying career. Sometimes I can go a few years without any problems.
Two nights ago, it came back, baro-trauma to my left one. Flying unpressurized single pilot turboprops, this can be a real problem. I was unfortunatly flying with a pretty good chest cold. (I know- big mistake). My ears have already taken a beating from years of rock and roll and beech18's.
I was at the ENT's office, and she suggested tubes. So I had her put one in. Now, it has only been 8 hours, but the ear feels "full" and is a bit tender, partially from the baro trauma, but also I can feel the damn bobbin in there also.
My question is did I make a mistake? How has this worked for you? It is expected to fall out in 6 to 18 months, hopefully with no hearing loss.

If you have had them, did they work out with no long after effects? Probbably should have asked 24 hours ago, but what is done is done.

I am looking forward to not having any problems with this ear for the next 6-18 months, but then what?