PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 21:41
Bell_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ozbiggles say ...
The way I remember people of our defence force is what they do when people need them, ie PNG, Timor, Solomon, Far NQ in cyclone relief, Indonesia, Bali and the job they do in support of government policy.
Bless our military forces. I am an ex conscript. I agree with your statement. I love our military. However the military is not beyond reproach. One example. Remember, Captain Shane Della-Vedova who stole 10 rocket launchers in 2002 and tried to sell them at $12,000 a piece (SMH December 20th)? He was complicit with Dean Steven Taylor, an army corporal? Thank goodness Captain & Corporal weren't Muslims or had names like Haneef or Muhammed - but I digress. What about those soldiers who are in charged of the non flying Seasprites with $1.4b in cost over-runs? Or perhaps the soldiers who managed to lose $2.1bn in the frigate upgrade (see ANAO reports via Google). As a tax payer I am annoyed no one has been made accountable. This would be a great thread if Angus Houston or any of his senior people contribute. But they won't. So the politics of blind faith, secrecy, suppositions etc cuts in.

I can't read anywhere that Dick was dissing our men in uniform. On many Anzac Days over many years, I have observed him with a flag and placard cheering our parading troops past and present. U cld be over-reacting there perhaps?

It'd make lovely TV if I could get Lieut Caffey to yell, "Col Jessop, did you order a Code Red?" re holding at YSRI, Willy, etc etc. Thanks for reading and let's keep this thread positive and constructive.