PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 18:30
saldvs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi

I have been crew for bmi for nearly 3 years now and even though I did hate it for the first few months I really enjoy it now.

fast track is a good idea for people joining the company as you start on better money than crew but as the wages go up after a year you'll find some exsisting crew dont bother cos people dont think its worth the extra money.

if you join now you'll be on the a319/320/321 doing shorthaul and all the bmed routes we took over as well as tel aviv which we start next year.

nightstops are most places in the uk and Dublin, Amsterdam and Brussels. And all the bmed destinations i.e tehran, beirut, addis ababa etc. Have a look on the website and you'll see the places we fly on the routes map. We dont night stop in khartoum or dakar or eketarinburg or cairo (but cairo could change as it is a **** day).

It is very hard to get longhaul unless you speak arabic. They put you on the A330 if you speak arabic or are a qualified chef(we have chefs on the A330)

The last intake onto longhaul was 2 years ago. If they recruit the current requirments are 6 months service at time of application and good record i.e no sickness etc. You then do a test and if you pass have a 2 on 1 interview with longhaul managers! phew.... but as they havent recruited in a long time I dont see it coming up anytime soon. The longhaul crew do mixed fleet flying.

Rostas are typically 5 on 2 off or 6 on 3 off but as long as you have 2 consecutive days off in 14 they can pretty much do you for anything in between! We do home standby's which has a 90 min callout time or airport standbys which are usually 6am-1pm or 1pm-8pm. And yes, more often than not you do get called so you need to live close to the airport!

I think I have written way too much and you have probably got way too bored! haha!

contact me if you need anymore info.