PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Job Market
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 16:17
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Generally younger is better because there are fewer preconceived ideas, and unfortunately there is no doubt that the youngsters learn a lot faster than the old farts like me. Of course that is only a generalisation and older with the right experience is better still. But the right experience - ie offshore N Sea IFR two pilot - doesn't often come knocking. And I had better mention that we have had some top blokes join as newbies in their 40s. Like I said, its a generalisation.

My personal hate is he that is constantly saying "When I was in the military / Brand X we did it like xyz (which is far better than the way BHL does it) " even though they worked in the military / Brand X for 5 years and have been with BHL for 10 or whatever. Some (not the majority I have to say) just never really leave their first jobs!

I think in the BHL UK has employed about 27 new pilots this year, and for nearly all its their first commercial job (instructing aside). Apparently there are more to come next year.

HC