PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 14:49
Fournier Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing obviously all you people saying that we are going to make the airline go under, and that you accepted only 2% becuse you are such good workers!! i mean pathetic!! you are just naive and obviously have no pride in yourselves

A bit childish don't you think. I think you'll find we've got our eyes open as to what it costs to run a business and furthermore realise that just because the government raises cost of living, doesn't mean the company can get shafted because you believe you instantly deserve more.

focourse virgin has the money, can someone please ask ridgway and company how much they make, how much they have spent on every other aspect of the busineess except staff!!! please the money is just moved around all virgin fiscal paradises and virgin companies to show no profit!

Again, pure speculation, you have no evidence of this, if you have some produse it, until then, stop using Galley FM rumours. Rumours have no basis on how you should act now.

You people are just pissed off that you acepted a miserable 2% and that we sticked together and fight, you obviously make too much money and can pay ur outgoings easily!

Nope, right now I'm pissed of at you and your colleagues for dragging my job (and hundreds of others) into a position that if you guys had been sensible, we wouldn't be at. I, unlike you, do not expect to be automatically given money just because I'm alive and working for someone. Nobody should ever expect a yearly payrise, it happens if they (the company) can afford it.

I obviosly make too much money do I - well again far from the truth, what I however do is manage to pay my bills to eat, get to work, and keep a roof over my head. What I do little of is party, shop, have nice holidays etc etc, I pay the bills first, and wisely use the rest of my money to ensure that I don't have to stick it on the credit card.

This has not always the case and previously I've lived in dire shared accomodation to live, however, what did I do about it. I worked harder, moved jobs (several times), got more qualified, and made many sacrifices to get where I am now - its called life, and everyone has to do it. Me, my parents, their parents so on and so on. You can't just sit there, jump into a job straight from school (I'm making generalised point - not directed at crew) and expect that job to natuarally take you through life, providing myou with housing, cars and toys for the rest of your days - thats a fairytale!

Simple point, work hard, get paid, work harder - better yourself - get more QUALIFIED - get paid more.

Stop being childish, and forget thinking we are jealous of you, we are not!