PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 14:29
Fournier Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies if already covered, but what is the situation with those chosing to strike down route? Will they expect their non striking co-workers to operate the flights home minimum crew? Will they be accomodated extra nights down routes at the company's cost. Can imagine some very angry non-strikers itching to get home after a 9 day HKG-SYD trip and being told that it is now a 11 day HKG-SYD

The company and Union have stated that strike action can only be taken by those on UK soil on the dates of the flight. If you are down route, you are to operate the flight home (assuming you have an aeroplane to fly home on). I imagine that refusal to do so will be a dismissal as you will be breaking the TERMS of the strike.

As for your plane not getting there, I've no idea, I'm sure that situation will be communicated to you at a later date.

As for how to sort sickness, I'd say Doctors note for any absence, or failing that, a visit to Occ Health to confirm that you are unfit to fly. Repeat offenders in a short period of time to be interviewed by their CPM, repeated inability to be able to fly (ie, unable to work say 1/5 of your rostered flights), removal from flying duties, and a ground based job, like check-in/crewing/dispatch etc for three months for you to apply to another area of the company or leave to pastures new. Just a suggestion