PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign Recruitment - Time for Action
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 11:53
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q4NVS
I do not believe there would be any Expats in Hong Kong, if it wasn't for the HK$'s and Type's operated.
Yeh the dollars were OK once. In the last five years I have seen my pay-packet in AUD$ deteriorate by 50%. Low taxes are one thing but when you still have significant expenses in AUD$ then living in Aus still looks appealing. As for the shiny jet syndrome? For some it may have been a lure, but most couldn’t care less. CX and in particular KA (>10% loss in pilots) have been haemorrhaging pilots in the last 12 months back to their home counties and it aint entirely because of money.
They also have pilots (or Cadets rather), but no real experience.
Yeh we have cadets. At last count there were about 300 of them in CX out of a total pilot population of about 2300. The reality is that we can’t find enough suitable applicants here in HK. Once you could only apply if you were a permanent resident. Now as long as you have the right to live in HK we will accept you. And if that doesn’t fix the problem it will be opened to foreigners.
If what you say is true, then I do not believe the Australian Government would allow foreigners in, now would they?
Unless the government has the job of “Aircraft Pilot” removed of the “Employer Nomination Scheme” (ENSOL), which I doubt they will do, then employers will be free to sponsor pilots into the country. Having said that the onus is on the employer to prove to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship that they can’t find anyone suitable in Aus. Up until now this has been the stumbling block for most employers, particularly in the capital cities.