PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TODAY'S (20 Dec) FAU PROTEST CANCELLED
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 10:48
N1 Vibes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DexyDogg,

you make some statistically correct observations here:

- apparently the average human get's 7 colds a year, that's an average human

- the cabin crew are exposed to a large number of people in an a/c air environment

- stomach upsets - most likely caused by unhygenic practices in the a/c toilets

Now, consider those people who work in the CX City environment - 7 colds a year, like they are also average humans right, most of these colds are actually undetected since the body fights them off? Each floor in CX holds about 200-300 people, the air in CX city is not filtered through a HEPA filter, a/c air is. You only have to visit the crappers in CX City or anywhere in HKG to see the practices of cleaning hands after a good download, not sure that people are complaining that often from food induced/hygeine induced stomach disorders. I don't know of that many individual people who suffer from a dicky tummy and flu more than 10 times a year.

So I think yes, the family total will take one staff over the 10 freebies in 2008, don't think the average cabin crew would actually be sick 10 times a year themselves.

Of course some of their conditions may not be average. I stand to be shot down any second now.....

Brgd's

N1 Vibes

PS - what is the comparison in % terms of sick rate of flt crew when compared to cabin crew? Just curious.