PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe wants to know whether to take the plunge
Old 21st Dec 2007, 10:12
chris-squire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PThomas - I left Uni after a term of studying Tourism Management. I was really interested in the whole course but I got pissed off with having nothing to do but go out and get smashed! Unbelievable I know but I was bored and didn't have anough to get my teeth into. Lectures and Seminars together totalled 12 hours a week! Rediculous!

In addition to this, I already have A-Levels in Travel and Tourism which despite what the admission guy said, it pretty much covers the 1st 18months of that degree so I was sat there bored out of my mind whilst people were struggling to understand As Level concepts of Tourism Economics. So with that in mind I do understand what you're saying but I would have to say that leaving after your amount of time and effort is not something I would mention to future prospective employers. Don't get me wrong, I'm really not trying to make you feel bad or have a go but it seems like you put loads of hard work into something and then walked away with debt and for nothing.

Chris