Thread: Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 09:29
HavingSaidThat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVIATOR_2,

From Arik Air web site:
December 4, 2007: Arik Air appoints new COO
Nigeria’s leading airline, Arik Air has appointed a new Chief Operating Officer. He is Saad Khedher.
A thoroughbred professional, the 51 year-old German is an aviation expert who has spent his entire working career in the aviation industry.
The new COO has a rich background and aviation experience spanning well over 28 years.
Before coming on board at Arik Air, Mr. Khedher was the Managing Director of AMS Aviation Management Services Ltd. & Co. KG, an aviation consulting company with services such as airline restructuring, business aviation consulting, operational structure and productivity analysis among others.
He had earlier worked variously as Chief Executive Officer, VIM Airlines, Moscow; Head of Technical Sales, LTU International Airways, Düsseldorf; Assistant to the Technical Director (Post Holder Maintenance), LTU International Airways; and Boeing Engineering, LTU International Airways among others.
His aviation career actually began in Iraq in 1979 when he joined Iraqi Airways as Aircraft Ground Engineer. This was after he had armed himself with a Diploma (FAA License Airframe, Powerplant & Instruments) from Spartan School of Aeronautics in Tulsa/Oklahoma, U.S.A.
He has also attended several management courses and conducted projects with lead responsibility
The father of two qualifies to be a called a polyglot for his ability to speak three different languages fluently. He speaks Arabic, English and German.
The new COO has since resumed work at the corporate head office of Arik Air at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos
Arik Air chairman, Sir J.I.Arumemi-Johnson had used the occasion of the dedication of the airlines brand new Boeing 737-700NG on Saturday, December 1, 2007, to formally introduce the new COO to aviation stakeholders.
The COO is coming to Arik Air at a time the airline is preparing to open new routes and expand its operations to the west coast .
seper,
need i say more
If what you listed in your last post is half-way correct, I believe you need not say more. What remain to be seen is if the new COO will be another yes-person in the management. I think he will be. I guess he is now being indoctrinated by the MD and Arumemi. That in itself will make him a yes-person. Unless, he has big enough bls to say no. He might have, but then he is not going to last. It is the Arumemi way or no way, according to the birds singing in Lagos. That also goes for the present MD

Last edited by HavingSaidThat; 21st Dec 2007 at 09:45.