PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Prox Dublin Airport Dec 07
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2007, 00:34
Visual Calls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shy torque is right, I said SOME pilots. Before criticising, it is incumbent upon you to actually read what I wrote, but no, you'd rather just jump on in without thinking.
Funnily enough, the incident in question wouldn't have happened if the heli pilot had stopped to think first. Nor would some of the other incidents I related. Makes one wonder. Shooting oneselves in the foot......

I'm sure when you were a PPL your R/T wasn't word perfect!!
When you're sharing busy airspace with numerous items of fast, heavy and not very agile commercial jets, many of whose pilots have limited English, there is no room for error or amatuerism. Can't use proper R/T, regardless of experience? Then stay away from the zone.

The problem is not one of commercial heli pilots. The problem is too many PPL's in above their heads mixing it with commercial traffic. As I said, there is no room for amateurism up there.
This equally applies to fixed wing amateurism too of course. It's just that the fixed wing tend to not operate so often in the control zone, whereas the heli's do.