PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 line training
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 23:52
SinBin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no silver spoon in my mouth I can tell you, do you think someone paid for my training for an ATPL? Truth be told is yes it was me! Modular, part time training whilst in a 9-5 for 7 + f**king yearsand then bugging an airline till I was blue in the face, so NO I HAVE NOT HAD IT EASY!!

Flying a jet is awesome for about 4 weeks, the novelty wears off as with everthing once you've done it a hunded times. At 35,000 feet flying in a straight line hours on end with computers doing everything for you and a view of clouds and not much else is not that exciting. It does get interesting when something is flying the other way 1000 ft below you closing at 900kts but they're on TCAS for about a minute and probably this happens 10 times in a flight if you're lucky.

This is the reality of flying an airliner! I am most certainly in the right profession thanks, wouldn't want to do anything else, but I could not pay to do this. Which was my point. I am living the dream and it has its moments but please don't pay to do this and f*** everyone else's careers in the process.

Sorry to spoil any illusions!! And sorry for the foul language but........