PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going around...
Thread: Going around...
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 22:47
PA39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 30 odd yrs in GA and as an Grade 1 Instructor and CFI I left the industry because of all the BS involved in flight training and the incorrect training procedures being passed on by inexperienced novice instructors who THINK they know what they are doing.IMHO novices are now being trained by novices who were also trained by novices. The Russ Evans', the Gordon Smiths the Jimmy Hazeltons etc etc are part of a dying breed of very experienced knowledgeable instructors, who are/were not being replaced. META is a furfie approval which gets handed to guys with plenty of money and F/A experience. It p***es me off when i read some of the comments posted because it is grossly unfair to teach a student a bad habit.....because Bad Habits are hard to break, and part reason for the Aeroplane flight reviews.

The original post indicated on this subject was that the pilot was receiving an endorsment on a type or class of twin and his question concerned the correct go around procedure. I have posted previously on what I know you must do. I had also made mention of Vyse or blue line speed. My suggestion to you is to maintain blue line plus 5 until established on final and or assured all is ok for the landing.