PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices’ impressive US Class D towers
Old 20th Dec 2007, 22:18
peuce

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dick,

Firstly, I am under no obligation to address your issues, just as you regularly ignore other posters' issues.

Secondly, My point was that airspace classification and management is no longer under your, or any other individual pilot's control. It is under the control of the Business's major Customer ... the Airlines. Stamp your feet all you like, but these airspace decisions will ultimately be made behind closed doors.

Thirdly, in the spirit of Christmas, I'll have a go at answering your question on a single Controller providing 2 different services.
  • What happens overseas has NO relevance here ... fullstop
  • What has relevance is the considered opinions of those providing the service in Australia, under our conditions, using our equipment, using our standards, rules and procedures
  • If the Controllers (I'm not one) have a problem with the situation, I am sure they will raise a safety issue and have it dealt with through the Company ... or their Union, in need. There is no one better placed to decide if there is an issue ... or not.
  • There's nothing to be gained by the Controllers "hiding" any systemic problems

Seems pretty simple to me.