PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike Thread (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 17:29
Armed&Crosschecked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unbelievable!!! I have sat here over the last few weeks and read the posts mainly open mouthed at some of the comments that have been made pro Strike....
There does seem to be a few individuals who appeared quite militant and may I say gleeful at the prospect of a strike and now must be rubbing their hands at the outcome.
What they also seem to be doing is have an answer for everything!!!!
It may well be that 40% of the union did not return their papers because they didn't know which way to go, it could be that they thought it might never happen and that a vote to strike would not go ahead ( foolish if that's the case, because had they been teetering on a Yes to the Pay deal, we may not be in this position now).
Now we have a very uncertain future and this surely is the end of Virgin as we know it. Virgin is not a big company like BA and does not have the resources to deal with big financial losses that are sure to be incurred with the strike. Sometimes I think we mistake our strong brand image with a huge company (we only have a total flying crew of less than 5000 - BA have easily double that at LHR alone!!!) and think we can ride situations like this out.
Those that have wished for this strike may have shown the company that you mean business, but to what cost?
Passenger perception will have certainly changed and regardless of the conditions you feel you have to put up with, passengers will not be so forgiving.
Dark times are ahead I'm sure, with lots of whispering and furtive looks as to who did vote, who didn't vote; but one thing 's for sure... Virgin will never be the same.