PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Airline Executive rubbishes global warming theory
Old 20th Dec 2007, 16:07
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Max, are you suggesting that the Nobel Prize is unworthy of accolades? Fine, if that is your viewpoint. But I believe that in most instances it has been awarded based on merit and contributions that exceed the norm for the good of mankind. Perhaps a few instances can be viewed in retrospect as being unworthy. I'm not sure if Yassar was one of those cases, but you are probably correct in that assessment.
I just find it bizarre that every single nation on the planet (except ONE), and the vast majority of human beings who have at least read about both sides of the argument....... believe there is validity in the truth that climate change has been brought about by human activity. Science has only confirmed my observations over the past years. I think an awareness of what is going on around us on a worldwide scale would lead any rational person to come to the same conclusion.
If you or anyone else disagrees with me I will gladly discuss or argue with you till the cows come home. I find it an interesting and very important subject. I have watched Gore's movie twice and I have sincerely tried to find inaccuracies in it. There are a few minor points but in reality, I think he presented a fair and objective viewpoint. In fact, he even offered up solutions and concluded with optimism.
Every time I have had discussions with individuals regarding climate change, inevitably those who disagree with it are those who have not taken the time to research it. I don't know whether this comes from an inability to rationalize the fact that things might get ugly in the future or they simply are predisposed to believe the likes of GWB. I have found there is a direct connection between uninformed individuals and supporters of him, but that is just my belief.
I do not lump you into that category by the way.
I do have a fear that 'after my time' on earth, things might be less hospitable than during my time. I feel a responsibility in those regards yet realize my part in it is but a small one. The most I can do is TRY to change attitudes of those I believe to be misguided. I will not take it personally if you think I'm out to lunch on the subject and I will not hold it against anyone who is so uneducated, misinformed and downright stupid to believe the contrary. (a joke there)
On a lighter note........ Merry Christmas!