PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going around...
Thread: Going around...
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 08:32
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.....this thread has been very interesting. Hopefully to the novice they have gained some insight into the traps of going around at low level.

There has been numerous thoughts on this subject, some obviously well thought out some not so, & that's just my opinion before someone gets overheated. At the end of the day we can't all be there to offer our assitance when a novice pilot is faced with a potential dangerous situation.
I've flown for many years now, I, like everyone else in here wasn't born with a scrap of info about flying never lone going around at low level. We learn, we listen & we decide for ourselves at the end of the day as to what to do if an ugly situation does occur. there's no substitute for experience, how many times have we heard that & it's for good reasons:-)Remember we have an instructor beside us for the critical part of our flying & that's during the training phase,(not inc reacurring training) from then on we are on our own for a good part of our decision making!
I hope that some have learned to respect that not all missed approaches are going to be exactly the same, like aviation itself the variables are forever changing !

Capt Wally :-)