PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Daily life in DXB
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 08:24
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
Are you under orders to refute every statement in the quickest of time?
On leave and not going away for a few days, so a little bored, and I choose to refute information which is bollocks.

If Lugano had kids it would cost him three months salary to educate two of his kids out of his pocket. Now that is a fact.
No, that's bollocks. My kids go to DESS, which was our first choice (along with JESS) as it is an excellent school. They charge 25500 per year per child. I pay 10% of 15500 each (read your contract!), which is to say 3100 dhs a year- around three DAYS salary, not three months! There are more expensive schools (I believe Rexton is about 40k for primary) and if you want to send kids there, you pay for it (though for two the excess would still be more like one months salary). So, what would you be paying for a comparable school in the UK?

If he wants to eat out for dinner it would be more expensive than any city in the US. Fact and that includes NY or SFO.
Had a great meal at the Automatic for 35Dhs a head. Try THAT in NY. 5 Star resturants have 5 star prices, same as everywhere.

Why would you leave the US and come to the sandbox?
Did you miss the bit about 40k for a MAJOR? regional guys are earning around 25 as FOS and TOPPING OUT at 50k for Captains! Regional FOs in the US qualify for foodstamps!!

LHR, this place is DEFINATLEY not for everyone. For many coming was a big mistake (seems like you fall into THAT catagory!). People making the decision on whether to come or not deserve accurate information from people who have a variety of points of view. PPRUNE is becoming less and less usful for this as anyone who dare say anything positive or correct blatently inaccurate information is shot down in flames as a management stooge. How about we agree to dis-agree, and you accept there are more than one view on being here?