PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air
Thread: Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2007, 05:58
hotmj43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What has been put out.....in the rumour mill ,is that it might be a chap from the last Government....that held a port folio.....be it for me to spill the beans
now,i guess we all have to wait till june 2008 or even earlier.....i heard last night.
Having said all that, what has poor route training by a wet lease operation got to do with the arrival of a new COO,it is more a flight ops issue,DFO CP Fleet Captain,or a Pilot local or the last crew with route experience sitting on the jump seat,and putting the just arrived pilots ( GREEN )through here.

It would appear that the Dash 8 ops is not merged with the Arik 737, ops.
Who has operational control,that has to be stipulated some where.
God forbid some thing goes wrong,the news will be, an Arik Dash 8 operated by Denim.....etc etc,It is the Arik AOC,that is the document on the table here
i believe........Are the NCAA aware of what has been going on,in this sector.
Someone should pass it on to Capt Roy,GM of the Dept of Ops and Training this falls under his brief in the NCAA.Someone who was actually flying on the days concerned.
I imagine with a proper brief the Ncaa will be able to ensure that was has been laid down to new Pilots,(wet lease )introduced into the Nigerian Airspace is being followed,for their is a process,on paper.
Pilots just cant arrive Lagos and set course,into the Port Harcourt sector blind of any LOCAL PROCEDURES,which appears to be the case presently.
When the Port Harcourt international opens next week,their will be more traffic in the area.........highly complex for the ATC that operates in Port Harcourt.....bring on Femo.....oh i forgot he has retired