PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going around...
Thread: Going around...
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2007, 21:01
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....................an aircraft needs only a certain amount of thrust (power) to sustain level flt. (that maybe full pwr in a low powered craft with everything hanging out). In order to climb it's the excess thrust available that achieves that task. Full power may indeed be required depending on the exact scenario but it's not always required I believe. Like I have said earlier it's horses for courses here with every going around. Transport cat A/C have some of their performance charts predicated on SE outcomes, having all eng's operating means power to spare. That's not always the case with A/C that operate to the 1.9% climb req's. (BLW 5700 kg's)Obviously SE craft (which was the basis of the thread) operate with limited options & an early decision as to whether it's safe to go around ought to be made sooner rather than latter.
"ScottyDoo" I happen to agree with yr comments regarding "Sunfish" remarks. None of this is 'crap' it's about discussion, about learning perhaps from other pilots actual experiences, Flying is all about experience, no one knew from the Wright Bros to now unless they went out & did/tried it !

No 2 landings/appraoches/go-arounds are ever exactly the same. Plan as required for every approach.

Capt Wally