PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabees & Recruitment II
Old 19th Dec 2007, 19:28
Portugal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA LHR 11 month contract

Hi everyone

I've just applied for the 11 month position for LHR WW. This is the perfect opportunity for me, because I'm just finishing 6th form, and intend to go on to university to study business. Being able to, for a year, travel (and albeit work as well!) is something that is really appealing to me, because I can do it as a gap year placement.

I have a few questions... I said on the form that I can work from around July 2008, in the box to explain our notice period, and said why (because school finishes then)... do you think that's OK? And about doing it as a gap year placement, would that be an advantage or a disadvantage?

Also, I was wondering about the length of the contract... Do you think it's on purpose to make crew work below the annual limit of 900hrs (I think that's the limit from what I recall), because then they can make the temp crew work more hours each month with this contract?

I'm so excited about this... I sent the application off yesterday and now I'm just waiting... Has anyone else applied? Good luck to everyone.