PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part66 B1 Licence, HEELLPP!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2007, 18:13
icougar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks lots for your answers guys, and to ASFKAP, yeah i do know what it means to memorise all the answers to the certification questions...and i guess you know what it entails going through 5 years of engineering uni, in aircraft engineering, all the total 240credits, and approximately 80 courses ( all demanding exams and projects) have kinda honed my skills.
But i've also looked through required certification exam syllabus, and even own a copy of ( Aircraft engineering principles, Dingle - Tooley) and noted with shock that the contents are actually stuff from my first year! and so far, ( in the last week of my studies) i've had to cover advanced materials, ( talking about all propulsion modes, fluid mechanics,advanced aerodynamics,avionics,aircraft systems,aviation law,airframes,helicopters..jst a few examples) but its all been mostly theoretical, except with tinkering with engines,and other lil gizmos. But i have the passion of doning on the overalls, and doing some real aircraft fixing. So what could you advice would be the best steps in getting licence? i mean i could take any certification exams right now, and ace them all ( honestly without bragging) so do i proceed and apply for the exam? of simply get some work experience ( and if i do,how long would i have to work,or practice before i apply for the licence? ) ahhh..looong complaints here i know, but im in the right zone for help right? ( whispers, all those official authorities and bodies,cant seem to help in anyway i've even been suggested to go to a community college for 2..3 years, and then apply..)
thanks!!!!!