PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2007, 14:01
Bratko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel to check or not

Look AP don't get bent out of shape, if some of the things you have heard are not ear candy, we are trying to paint an Ex pat's picture of CSA, sure some comments we just some wise ass things that I or LE could not let slip by, but the others were based on FACTS, through EXPERIENCE. You can work in the U.K. on a Czecho passport, one of us has, you will need a type on that JAA cert though to make you attractive though. As for the other Euro network carriers, I would forget it as they all have a rough native language test, and its getting that way at CSA as well, so work on that Czech. As far as your comment about your captain and his time and AC, well buddy that’s pretty low time, I had double that TT and half of his time was PIC mainline jet when I got called in at my present job, so just have to keep paying your dues , it sucks but that the way its always been ( except for a chosen few), and that was never my case. In closing good luck, once you sign the dotted line your perception just might change. In retro had I stayed home when I could have at your level, I might have still thought that the Czech Republic was the best thing since sliced bread.
Two of us here have been or are on the interview board, don't take the process lightly if you want to have a fighting chance, just because your Czech is fluent, and you already know work as an airline pilot, there are MANY things that they do different, and I have seen more that a couple of guys just like you go home in shock disappointed ( one of those guys has a great gig in the UK). They will in a heart beat take a < 200 hour local versus you relatively high time, if he get one more "point" in the whole gay process. I would suggest you PM some people. Good luck bud!! P.S. if you denounce your "home" country and tell them how great the Czech Republic is you get lots of points, there are some "ex pats" like that over there.