PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding
Thread: Funding
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2007, 12:18
flyhiguy28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funding

Dear All,

I am really having a hard time getting the money together to do an integrated ATPL(A) course and wondered if some of you could offer me advice.

A little about me - i'm ex-military aircrew with 400 hours and no licences. I've approximately 200 hours fixed wing, 200 rotary and haven't flown in over a year (I was chopped towards the end of training).
I have secured a place at Oxford but the bank (HSBC) won't lend me the money I need to do the course.

I don't own a property so have no security. I don't have any family who can help me with that. I have an office job now and earn a dismal wage (relatively speaking!) so have no money of my own in terms of savings.

Is there anyone out there who comes from a similar position? If so I would really like to speak with you because doors keep closing in my face at the moment and for the first time in my life i've started to contemplate life without flying. It is simply awful!

Also if anyone has contacts (name, telephone number, e-mail etc) for any banks other than HSBC I would appreciate you sharing those with me.

I hope somebody out there can help!

flyhiguy