PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age Discrimination: Fighting the CAA! (+ update)
Old 19th Dec 2007, 09:27
uncle ian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting to see the US has moved a step beyond Europe in allowing both crew members to be over 60.

Of course this is of little help in the single pilot arguement as the "risk" is 1000 times greater according to the CAA. What they fail to mention in their evidence is that Part 135 operations in the States (the stuff we do) has no pilot age limit.

I am ploughing through CAA witness statements at the moment which come with 550 separate documents occupying 17 lever arch files! It's a farce.

I will be looking for some money in the new year so all those who have pledged can expect a call (or a message here, or both with details). I was rather naive about the costs involved and I will be asking for a little more from anyone who thinks they can justify it.........I've had several pledges of £500 two of £1000 and lots of £200. As it stands I would realise about £8500 if everyone honours their pledge. To date I have outlayed £6000 and can expect a minimum of another £15000. I hate to ask but it I really do need it.

Ian Evans