PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disband the Royal Air Force?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2007, 08:04
Vortex what...ouch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I’m not trying to start a war here I’m not in agreement with the original idea that the RAF should be disbanded. My own Army ignorance of Air Power makes it clear that we don’t understand all the issues.

Those of you getting all defensive about what you are doing are missing the point. It’s not a whine and I acknowledge lots of bods are working very hard and it is appreciated. No one is saying the RAF aren’t doing a good job, far from it. I think the 30% of the RAF deployed is a bit of a red herring, rotation means that most have probably been in theatre by now with aircrew and maintainers bearing the brunt of tours.

What I am asking is why only 7 cabs out of 4 operational squadrons are deployable? The gist of it seems to be not enough pilots. But there has been plenty of time to train more and the excuse that 6 years wasn’t foreseen is a cop out.

If it is just bad planning fair enough, but what is now being done to be able to provide more? OK you have other tasks to cover but remember we’re fighting a war today and no matter what might happen in the future, currently when it comes to CAS there’s not enough available.

Oh and I’m not entirely sure what Martin Henry rifles have got to do with things.