PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe wants to know whether to take the plunge
Old 19th Dec 2007, 06:35
dumdidum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Telboy: " Flying is in your blood."
How could it be? Never done flying. Looks fun though...

Telboy: "You should be the sort who makes model planes, jumped off high things with home made wings (probably when younger and less wise!!) and will ALWAYS look up when you see or hear an aircraft. Just being near an airport should excite you and you change TV channels when something about aircraft or flying is on."
I think I made one model airplane when I was five. I do look up when I hear an airplane sometimes and I love watching the airplane disaster investigation documentaries(even though they're a bit too "made for US citizen") since they usually explain some interesting details of various elements of an airplane.

I'm interested in the how-stuff-works of an airplane but I couldn't care less about different models or schedules or... whatever. I simply though that flying could be a fun job and why not try it. I'm already an engineer so if flying sucks I can still continue to hit the keyboard like a monkey for living.

And guess what, I told so(in pretty much the same words) to the persons responsible for selecting the people for ab-initio course and funnily enough I got in. They appreciated that flying isn't a dream job for me but simply an interesting career choice with no special glamour attached to it.

So if you have the money, go for it. It could be fun! =)