PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA Czech Airlines...still lowballing?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2007, 05:50
Airline Pirate

Location: Land of troubled individuals in a nightmarishly impersonal and bureaucratic world.... Hey, Kafka was spot on!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgive my naivety,
I have only been back to the motherland twice, once 10 years ago for only three days (don't remember much besides the pubs) and just two months ago for two weeks....
The reason I am looking at CSA is:
I have my father and brother there, thus a place to crash and get set up from moving my life across the world.
Get my ass in a jet/ tampon-remover-with-the-ability-to-move-onto-jet without waiting another 4-5 years in my present situation.
Again said, not sure how the politics and regulations work IN PRACTICE (not theory) in Europe. I have only heard that it is rather difficult to get work for say a British airline with a Czech EU passport, and companies like Lufthansa and Swiss Air require excellent knowledge of their national language...
That being said, if you can point my ignorant butt in the right direction, I shall poke away.....I've only been on PPRUNE for two months now...
My basis for this (rash?) intent is:
I am now 30, and figure it will take me another 4 years before I am on anything aproaching an Airbus/737..... so 5 years "hard time" to be in much better position at age 35 would be worth it considering the choices available to me here in that period.
I have a pretty thick skin after working for some real ****shows... My current employer and the people I work with are great but only logging an average of 35 hours a month right now.... Will have about 430 hours for the year....
Great, if I wanted to settle HERE.
Air Canada at 3500 hrs?= another 3.8 years from where I am at. Great pay (for commuter/air taxi) but absolute wasteland. Stick me in Litvinov anyday compared to the "community" I live in.....
BTW, my old captain just got his "thanks, but please f#ck" off letter from Air Canada, and they only called him to interview after 3500+ hours and his Dash-8 upgrade.

Last edited by Airline Pirate; 22nd Dec 2007 at 03:11.