PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to NZ. Need info.
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2007, 03:52
Hughesy

Yip, what I was getting at is what a few other said, the pay is crap. Thats why lots of us guys got to Aus or Canada, as they actaully pay decent wages compared to NZ. I have a pretty good job in NZ, but there is no way I could have a family, mortgage on what I earn.

Nightflier, with your quals you should be ok to get work here, but dont expect to be earning loads of money, and have a fantastic roster. Glad you like NZ, its a great place to live...and fly, if only the pay was better. Oh Canada...4 months to go!

Antti. I am not against pilots coming to NZ if they have experience and all that, otherwise it would be a bit hypocritical of me as I go to Canada to work up there. Just it's not all about the flying, we ALL put in lots of time, money and effort to get where we are, and then we get paid crap! And also most places make you feel all guilty if you want time off. You may or may not be a low time pilot, but surely after your hard work to get a good job flying, wouldn't you want to be financely secure?

Sigh, enough from me! Beer time!