PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices’ impressive US Class D towers
Old 19th Dec 2007, 00:59
peuce

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry Dick, I'm not going to let you get away with this one ...

You said:
"Are you then going to suggest that I should have got the FSOs a rating so they could “control” aircraft but still be called FSOs?"

I did not suggest this. I did not suggest anything. I only asked you to validate your statement. I'm pretty sick of throw away lines.

You said:
"The fact that FSOs keeping their airspace lowered safety is self-explanatory. That is, for two decades the low level airspace which was covered effectively by radar between Melbourne and Cairns was operated by officers who were in a different room and did not have a radar screen. It is pretty obvious that this system lowered safety."
  1. How did FSOs "keep" their airspace?
  2. What is the data on which you base your statement that "safety was lowered"? Lowered from what?

I'll save you some time in trying to read between my lines.

Safety was never lowered by CAA retaining FSOs to manage Uncontrolled Airspace.

I think what you meant (correct me if I've got it wrong) is that safety was not improved ... because the airspace was not given to the Controllers who had Radar.

The success and efficiency of that eventual move could also be debated ... at another time.

Last edited by peuce; 19th Dec 2007 at 02:56. Reason: It's amazing how a few words can change a meaning ...