PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2007, 22:41
Atlas Shrugged

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the rare occasion I do fly VFR, I’ve never been held at Willy during at least the last 10 years. Not once. I’m usually up that way a few times a month. Admittedly, I never use either of the lanes in either direction – sure, it's nice flight to track coastal or bash around between the mountains of the inland lane but I no longer have the time, nor indeed the desire to be turning or climbing and descending every couple of miles.
All it takes is a quick telephone call to the controller before departure and it’s sorted.

I ALWAYS (even VFR) submit a flight plan and clearance is typically over the top at 10,000. Only once was I sent out around Gloucester or somewhere like that due fighter excersises in one corner of the zone – no big deal - it was a nice day and I enjoyed the scenery and didn't really mind the extra 6 or so minutes it took. If for some reason in the future I am made to hold, then so be it, I'll hold.

Dick, there really is no need to keep throwing your rattle out of the pram - it's becoming most tedious